Tuesday 12 June 2012

La Pizzaiola

Since we were on the topic of pizzas in the last post, I thought I'll do another pizza entry from a pizzeria we tried a while back.

This is the second attempt at a pizzeria by the owners, who also own Pietrasantra at Portsdown Road, where I had my birthday dinner.

So one weekday after work, Dear and I decided to journey down to Jalan Riang to gave it a try.


The place was almost full when we reached there at 730pm on a Tuesday night. Reservations are recommended if you are coming on the weekend.

We ordered a Parma and Rucola pizza ($16.90) to share. The toppings were generous and fresh. I think the best thing about the pizzas in this place is that they are rather value for money.

Since this is the chef's speciality, we also ordered one to try. A monstrous looking giant when we first laid eyes on it.

Which deflated quickly with a poke of the fork. Hidden in it were slices of ham and cheeses baked til perfection. I like how the crust and the ingredients tasted very wholesome together.

But I think I'll still stick to Peperoni Pizzeria next time if I want to go to a neighbourhood pizza joint.

La Pizzaiola
15/3 Jalan Riang

No comments: