Thursday 5 June 2008

HK Day 1

HK Day 1

We met at the airport at 5am to check in and have breakfast first before flying. Such an early unearthly time! I almost fainted from eating breakfast at such an early time, my stomach is not an early breakfast stomach.

Our flight!

From Changi Airport to HK airport! Finally we reached HK!

We took a bus from the airport to the hotel. And we missed our hotel bus stop by a stop. We had to lug our luggage on the streets and walk backwards to the hotel. Felt so extra, haha. Lucky I realised that we had missed a stop or else we'll have missed more stops and be lost!

Our hotel room at Prudential Hotel. Very nice!

Dear checking out our room. I love the purple sheets and red couch.

After settling our stuff, we went to shop at Mongkok area and grabbed lunch at the famous beef ball noodle shop. We had to ask for directions and the worst thing was it was raining quite heavily, so we had to always walk with an umbrella. Very inconvenient.

And the whole day was actually spent looking at guys clothes and toys. Dear was so happy with the variety of the toys and bought lots of toys.

My first purchase in HK? The newly released Mayday concert DVD, haha.

We managed to find the Snoopy Cafe and stop for a tea break. But technically it was a dinner break cos it was already 6pm by the time we reached the cafe, haha.

The merchandise shelf at the Snoopy Cafe where they wan to dig ur money

The pillar in the middle of the cafe

Looks like the place is quite popular in HK

The pretty cakes we had in the cafe. The waffles were very nice and were printed with characters' faces!

Even the toilet was well designed with the Peanuts theme.

And inside the toilet: Charlie Brown telling u not to smoke!

At nite: more shopping. Finally I managed to take photos of the streets. It was STIll raining.

I think it is pretty cool that some roads were sealed at night so that pedestrians can walk on the streets. Disperse the crowd and everyone can walk and shop so much easier. But I guess it really also shows that how crowded HK can be.

After shopping til the shops are closed, we went to grab supper. Went to Mai Wen JI near our hotel which is known for their wanton noodle.

It was an old-fashioned HK eatery, very got feel.

Even the coke bottle was so retro and got feel. First time we drank out of this kind of bottle. Didn't noe the bottle is still in used, thot it became a collector's item?

Look how small the bowl of wanton mee was but it was pretty good. And I ordered the other plate of prawn roe noodles. I didn't noe the noodles was the dry kind but the prawn roe thingy was very fragrant. Dear quite liked it. HK or Chinese version of mentiako roe, I would say.

And for the first time since we are tog, Dear actually suggested ordering a plate of green vege in oyster sauce! I was so shocked but so happy that Dear noes how to appreciate food too. Good improvement! Haha. Keep the vege eating up! Vege can be delicious too if done the right way!

Their Cai Xin was the best that I've eaten. Sure it is a simple dish but the vege was very soft, including its stem.

The retro cooking decor of the place. The waiter was pretty friendly, teaching us to mix the sauces to eat. And when I was taking photos of the place when I was walking out, the cooking uncle was worried if he would block me and I made everyone laugh at me. Haha.

At the end of the day, we bought so much stuff (act is Dear's toys) that his hand is red from all the bags-carrying!

No comments: