Friday 27 July 2012

Yayoiken at Liang Court

I'm a person with little loyalty to restaurants. While there are a couple we keep frequenting (because they are cheap), I do not have a list of favourite restaurants. With so many restaurants popping up in Singapore, I'm always looking to try new ones.

Yayoiken is one of the few that I think of returning to. It serves value for money Jap food at reasonable price (dishes can be below $10???). Fantastic for the belt-tightening days.


 The interiors is pretty nice too: tables are close to each other but care has been take to make sure the tables are not literally side by side. I find restaurants that pack customers like that are so annoying.

 This was what prompted my first visit to the restaurant. I heard much raves about the grilled fish. A set only cost $9.90?!

The fish was everything promised by the reviews. It was fresh, springy, juicy and comes off in huge chucks with the chopsticks! 

For the price of $9.90, one gets a lot of fish! Super value for money!

AND, the restaurant provides free flow of rice. They even place the rice cooker out in the open for you to refill it by yourself. It's up to you to refill how much rice and how many times! I love this kind of homely feeling in a restaurant.

And now for the anti-climax: Dear order the beef steak set, which was not very good. To rub salt to the wound, the set cost more than $20. Eeks.

So just order the normal dishes (cheap and good), esp the grilled fish, and it'll be a fantastic meal. I like to visit the Liang Court branch because we can go to Meidi-ya afterwards!

Yayoiken
Outlets in Bugis Plus and Liang Court

No comments: