Wednesday 13 February 2013

Bak Kwa for CNY

Happy CNY! Today is the first day back to work after the four-day CNY break. : ( Another half of me is glad that it is over and we don't need to entertain the relatives anymore.

This year, I found out about Kim Peng Hiang bak kwa and decided to give it a try. We went to queue for it a few days before CNY, and the wait was horrible.

I reached at around 6pm on a weekday and still took 2 hours before buying the bak kwa.

To make things worse, it was raining that evening. It was raining everyday!

Those who bought the bak kwa or were waiting to buy the bak kwa had dinner at the shop beside it. Guess it is good business for everyone!

Luckily the bak kwa was indeed quite good. Very tender, though I find it a little sweet. The spicy flavoured one was indeed quite spicy, but it gave a nice kick.

Think I will be buying this bak kwa next time, but I'll rem to come early next time to avoid the CNY crowd. *shudders*

No comments: