Monday 7 February 2011

Gallery by the straits

Here's our latest discovery-- a seafood restuarant by the coast of Singapore im Semabwang. I learnt about the place online on those daily deals websites and bought a couple of coupons.

Gallery by the Straits at the Singapore Yacht Club. We brought little Chel along too. ^ ^

Walking into the club, you can see rows of boats parked there.

We ordered their signature curry fish head, and other dishes. But I'm showing this photo because, look at the bubbling curry against the backdrop of the sea (although we couldn't see much of the sea becos we were sitting upstairs) !

The food was ok and a little ex. I wouldn't make a special trip there to eat but it was cool to explore a new and unique venue like this.

The scenary at nite

Still got jacuzzi ok!

We were about to go home after exploring the premises when we saw the "military parade" for the wedding held on the ground level.
The wedding was held at the restaurant on the ground floor that is just next to the sea. So that's why we had to sit upstairs and feel sad that we couldn't see much of the waters.
But seeing this parade was interesting and we stayed on for a while more to watch the matching in. I've never seen a military wedding!

I managed to take this photo too. hehe.
I still have one more dining voucher to be used as we couldn't order so much food. So a few weeks later, we went back again to eat the chilli crab. I was hoping that this time, we will finally get to dine by the sea, listening to the waves.
Alas, the weather was bad when we visited. It poured that whole weekend.
So although we got to sit beside the sea, but the plastic curtains were put down to shield diners from the rain. : (
Another 'wasted' trip

The crab was so-so.
On another random note, I have upgraded my phone! Dear gave me a blackberry : )
My new precious. I'm having fun with it, although there are still some frustations getting used to it. But I'm loving it!

No comments: