Saturday 2 June 2012

Group therapy

There may be only the two of us, but that didn't stop us from going for some group therapy at Duxton Road a couple of weekends ago.

Ok, we are not having relationship problems. The truth is that we went to this cafe called Group Therapy to check out the hype over it.

So after the very lame intro, here's what this post is really about.


Pretty nice interior with high ceilings to give the place a 'chill' feel.


The corner near the entrance where you can pick up books and magazines to read...

and apparently some sewing too.


and shots of other areas in the cafe.


Moving on to the food. The menu was pretty limited. It was pretty much made up of a few of the usual brunch items like eggs benefits and its homemade pies. We figured the pies must be the one of the specialties of the cafe and ordered two of them.


 My chilli crab pie. Sweet and savoury, chock full with shreds of crab meat. But I'm not a pastry person, eating so much pie made me sick after a while. What I like about their sets are the potato crisps. The rocket salad had a nice dressing, so bonus points for taking care of the small details.  


Dear's mushroom pie. I suppose it tasted like a British comfort food. But I'm Singaporean, so I prefer the chilli crab, LOL.

49 Duxton Road



No comments: