Friday 10 August 2012

Bangkok Day 2

Bangkok Day 2

After a good sleep, we woke up ready to start the day. We slept till around 9am in the morning for all the days, lol .
 
Our tuk tuk in the streets around our hotel. It's my first time taking a tuk tuk. Have to say I understand why people say it's dangerous!
 
 Breakfast today was at Boran for traditional Thai boat noodles.

I had the special spicy dry noodles which had lots of pork slices (plus point). It's a bit hard to describe the taste which was savoury and sour at the same time. And spicy too.

The red chilli sauce was so spicy that it came back to haunt my stomach (which is usually subjected to plenty of the hot stuff) later in the day by making it churn.

Dear had the traditional boat noodles which to him, was all right only. Besides the fact that the chilli sauce was too much for my stomach, I still preferred by my dry noodles. 

After breakfast, we made our way to Crown's Tailor as Dear wanted to make the suit. This was one of the main purposes of this trip. It was raining and Dear poked his finger on my umbrella. It drew quite a bit of blood : ( 

We then finally made our way to Platinum Mall where we did our shopping. And pretty soon, it was lunch time. It's forever shopping and eating in Bkk! Time always pass so fast while shopping and it's feeding time again!

The platinum food court where we grabbed lunch.

We always order the oh-so-crispy oyster omelette and pad thai. Dear also got a mango sticky rice. I never felt anything for the sticky rice but the mango we had was so sweet and juciy. Totally different from the ones we have here.

Back to shopping after lunch and then we had an afternoon treat when we got tired. First time trying the yogurt from Red Mango, and I like it! Love the toppings and how generous they were.Most of all I like the creamy texture; much like eating gelato.

*ok, I just googled and found that they have outlets in Sg. I'm so SLOW!!!! Dear, we gotta eat yogurt!*

Food time AGAIN. When the shops have closed, we made our way to Chinatown for T&K seafood. 
Standard fixture and routine of our Bkk trips.

Interestingly, we met a taxi driver that took us to there from Platinum mall for 67BHT?! I really wonder what route did he take, we have to tell all our future cab drivers that!! Our fare is always usually around 100-120bht by meter.

We had the stuffed crabs, which I probably would not order again because I don't like the parsley in the stuffing. But otherwise, this dish is really good and one of the popular dishes. 

 Their egg omelette which is super 'eggy' and crispy. A must-order for us.

Tom yum soup, of course. We ordered it with seafood but there was only prawns and mushrooms in it, terribly disappointing. There were sliced fishes and sotong in it when we had the soup last time : (

And the chilli prawn, which was ok lah. Not bad and savoury enough to go well with rice but there wasn't much meat in the body. 

Dear, ever the greedy one at T&K (rem how he ordered 6 items previously), ordered a bowl of bird's nest which cost S$8. It pushed our bill to over S$40. But nonetheless, it was still a cheap and good meal!

No comments: