Saturday 1 February 2014

Christmas 2013


Thank you to Dear who has kindly helped (though he complains about it everyday) to blog about our trip and has now passed the baton back to me.

Today's post is about our Christmas celebration last Dec. The weeks before Christmas was tough because Dear was sent on a last minute overseas trip for a week and could only be back on Christmas Eve. So not only could I not follow him on the trip, I am left with the task of planning Christmas! :(

After considering the many factors (Dear will be tired and jet lagged, we would want quality time together, restaurants are too expensive on this occasion, I don't know what Dear feels up to doing), I decided on the brilliant idea of a staycation.

And not any other hotel for a staycation. I picked Capri by Fraser at Changi City Point. It is a new service apartment style hotel that is perfect for us: it has a kitchenette where we can cook Christmas dinner with groceries bought downstairs at Changi City Point where there is a great meat grocer, we can shop and swim and just relax.

I had anticipated that Dear will prefer an intimate night in. And even if we change our mind about cooking, food is just downstairs! Smart anot?

I kept the arrangements a secret from Dear and only sent him the details the night before Christmas Eve to give him a surprise. Romantic anot? Hurhur.

After work that day, I rushed down to the hotel to check in and get the room ready for Dear who was sleeping at home after alighting from the flight.

 Our premier room which comes with the extra living area where the sofa is.

 Very spacious and value for money. 

With a huge flat screen TV that I was watching while waiting for Dear. 

Walk in wardrobe. An idea for the house right. 

I had to request for a room with a bath tub. Not all rooms come with a bath tub.

Some nice touches: Complimentary strawberry jam which Dear brought home.

And an Iphone dock for me to play Christmas music! I downloaded Christmas songs just for the occasion. Suaku me couldn't get the volume up and waited for Dear to come and fix for me. As usual, my wonderful technician got the job done.


I had made this little welcome banner "Welcome home" for Dear to make the place more homely. And also bought some snacks of love for Dear for the staycation.
After getting everything done, I watched TV and waited, and waited. It was nearing 3pm and Dear still had not called. Never mind, I let him sleep a bit more. Then it was nearing 4pm, and I think I have no choice but to call him.The sleeping pig was finally awakened and rushed down. But this was ok as I had anticipated Dear will be late and therefore chose a hotel near his place in Tampines. Another stroke of my brilliance.

Dear finally came and we went for a late lunch after his big big boss came by to pick up what he had asked Dear to help him buy on the work trip. Dear told me about the many happenings during the trip.

After picking up a steak from the meat grocer (we were lucky to walk past the shop and realised they  were closing early and quickly make our purchase), we went back to our room to watch TV and surf the Internet. 

Dinner time came quickly and we started cooking. I had booked the staycation package which included free sausages, salad, and cake for dessert. Yums. I also bought canned mushroom soup. We were well fed, haha.

We cooked together with Christmas songs playing in the background. So fun. We can do that for future Christmases after we move into our new house this year. 

The master piece of Dear the lead chef

We cleaned up after dinner and snuggled in bed to watch trash TV while eating junk snacks. Such indulgence, haha.

The next morning, we went down for breakfast (which was pretty limited) and a swim in the pool. Love the pool and its comfortable chairs for us to lounge and read magazines. The weather was windy and not too sunny, so it felt great to be in the sun like that. 

My Christmas cum anniversary present from Dear which has a very funny story behind it which I shall not repeat here. Suffice to say that I discovered the surprise myself before Dear was able to bring on our trip to surprise me there. But the surprise of discovering it myself is a fun surprise already. Get the pun? Hahaha.

But thank you lah Dear. I really appreciate the thought. I wish you better luck next time!

No comments: