Thursday 21 June 2012

Fish Market

Even though I've been back from Japan for two months, I still miss the city and kept craving for Japanese food in the initial weeks after our trip.

So when I read about this place that serves fresh sashimi at affordable prices, I told Dear we had to check it out.

We have always walked past the Fish Market but I've never thought of giving it a try. It's a place that sells fresh fish, Japanese snacks and foodstuffs. There's a restaurant area at the back of the shop for you to order food.

The hot food can be ordered from the menu, but the star of the place is really the sashimi.

Choose the cuts you want at the fish counter, pass it to the staff who will slice it up for you and bring it to your table.

Our catch of the day: scallop, swordfish, salmon. All for around $18, i think. 

And a tuna don.
We also got a tempura dish to share.

My conclusion is: the sashimi is pretty decent for its price. The other items were pretty forgettable. I would just go for the sashimi next time, with perhaps one side dish for variety's sake.  

Check out where are the outlets:

No comments: