Thursday 5 July 2012

Chako restaurant

When I read about Hong Leong Gardens going en bloc, my first reaction was what about the restaurants there?

Then I found out that Chako restaurant, which I have fond memories of, was going to close in Aug because of the en bloc. The lady boss, or maybe we can address her as Auntie Chako, hasn't decide if she will continue with the trade and set up shop elsewhere.

So I told Dear we have to visit it again before it closes. So many places where we have memories of are closing down :(

This time, I ordered the soba set which is accompanied by pieces of fried fish garnished with mayonnaise. Well, to be honest, I don't think it was something to shout about (it's only plain soba noodles) though the soba was good for a hot day.

The best part about dining here is the old school Japanese feel which allows you to forget momentarily that you are in Singapore. Even the 3G connection is patchy here.

It is this feeling that adds so much bonus points to the food.

I didn't take shots of the interior because it so small here and I was paiseh to be taking pictures where there are other tables of customers surroundings us. Pics of the place can be found here when we first visited the place.


The Chako set which Dear ordered. Had a home-cooked feel to it. Looking at the photo now makes me wished I had order a more savoury set instead. Haha. 

I hope to make a trip back again before it closes. My Japanese cravings are getting stirred up again as I'm doing research for a year end trip back to Japan. Yes, we are thinking of going back again! Yeah!

Chako restaurant
134 West Close Way
Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre

No comments: