Wednesday 19 September 2012

Yonehachi at Takashimaya

This is a bit slow but I have been very excited since I found out that the back of the basement of Takashimaya department store houses hidden gems.

I have made a private wish to try all the Japanese stores there. They look so yummy! Especially Yonehachi restaurant which we saw quite a few ppl queuing for seats.

It is part of a bigger chain in Japan and serves Okowa rice. It's like glutinous rice and is served with toppings such as salmon, scallops, and red bean.

Best thing is the price is pretty reasonable. A set like this below only costs between $12.80 to $15.80! And there is no service charge!

I had the tempura prawn set and chose the rice with salmon topping. The food tasted like wholesome home-cooked Japanese food, which mean bland to Dear. So while I pretty enjoyed the food here, Dear just found it so-so.

A close up of my salmon rice.

Dear had the saba fish set. His rice was topped with red beans. I'm not a fan of red beans. But the fish was well grilled and pretty juicy on the inside. 

It was the start of the mooncake sales at the Takashimaya atrium that day! We couldn't resist getting some mooncakes for our families. And I even managed to charm the stall lady into giving us a free mooncake!

I think I looked too disappointed when she told us that we could only get 15 percent off the prices and not 20 percent as I had thought because the latter discount is for purchases made at the hotel itself. Teehee!

Needless to say, we unwrapped the beautiful packaging immediately to eat it for our dessert!

Yonehachi
#B204-1/2 Takashimaya Department Store

No comments: