Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Rotisserie @ Rochester Mall

I love brunches. Or rather the leisurely feeling of having comfort food in a cosy setting to start off the weekend.

The problem is with more of such brunch places sprouting up over the island, the food gets mediocre with most places serving the same dishes at a relatively expensive price.

So I was quite happy to stumble on the Rotisserie at Rochester Mall when Dear suggested exploring the area. It serves western and brunch dishes at a reasonable price (read: below the average market prices), food was not bad for the price and had a lovely simple setting.

On a cool day, it is really quite enjoyable to dine at the al frescro area, which was what we did that day (although it was because we couldn't find seats inside the restaurant).

And a small intro of the place: the restaurant is famous for its roasted chicken and its first outlet was set up in China Square. It soon became known for serving up roasted chicken at cheap prices. I have always wanted to try it but have never really liked the location of China Square.

I'm glad we found the Rochester outlet!

 All these for $10!! (hmm, the pic looks a bit dark here)

I love rosti but not many brunch places serve it and with  a reasonable pricing I mean, it's just potatoes at the end of the day rite?

For $10, I had two sausages and a huge egg with bacon. Of cos, sour cream is provided at the side. Very filling and fulfilling!

The rosti was slightly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It had a decent thickness and was not thin, if you think that the amount of ingredients might be compromised. I would return for this!

Dear had one of their burgers which was around $13, I think.

The burger was juicy, and stacked with ingrdients. Lots of fries which made us feel so sinful after the meal. 

Their roasted chicken looked good when we were there. I would go back there soon to give it a try!

35 Rochester Drive #01-06/07

No comments: