Tuesday 9 October 2012

Buttercake and Cream @ Bedok Point

I have had a few conversations in the past few weeks on how there isn't much brunch places in the West (where I live in). However, there is one good place that people often overlook: Buttercake and cream.

The place is famous for its desserts (the mains are so-so) but I guess they make for a great decadent weekend treat. I had also forgotten about this place after patronizing it way back in 2010.

Dear and I stumbled upon their outlet in the east when we were in Bedok Point one evening for dinner. Yes, they have opened an outlet on the other side of the island, so it's a big yeah for the Easties!!!

We had the lava cake for dessert and it was as good as I remember.

It was a bonus that the place was SO pretty with the astro turf, and picnic furniture. And the place wasn't crowded! If I'm a student, I would really consider making this place my study hangout. 

And the star of the cafe: the chocolate lava cake. Very reasonable price at $7.50 and the chocolate was GOOD. It was like dark chocolate without the bitterness and was sweet without being too sweet. The cake was moist and dense. Super yummy when paired with the cold ice cream which you can chose from a variety of flavours.

This outlet in the east only serves desserts and drinks. The only main was beef stew. This is a good spot for desserts in the east!

Buttercake & Cream
Bedok Point #03-34

No comments: