Monday 24 November 2008

Bintan Day 2

Bintan Day 2

After being disturbed by the bat the previous night, we woke up to a rainy morning.

But luckily the rain stopped after we had breakfast and the sun came out : )

We had the free buffet breakfast at the restaurant in our resort. Not very nice. But oh well, it's free

After breakfast, we travelled to Nirwana Gardens to visit the place. Can't resist taking photo of the scenary!

The lobby at Nirwana Gardens

The hotel rooms at Nirawana Gardens. Prefer my beach resort at Mayang Sari!


As we were exploring the place, we saw this little girl playing with her toy dog at the playground. The way she was trying to climb to climb up the rock with her toy dog was so cute that I had to take a photo.


The pool at Nirwana Gardens. Not bad. It had a pool bar in the middle of the pool and also a water polo pool.

And at one of the points of the pool, you can rest on a ledge and admire the sea view. It's built to make you feel like you are swimming out to the sea.


Dear swam quite a bit in the pool to practice his rusty swimming skills while I just lounged in the pool because I don't have any water feet at all.
I was resting on the beach chair while waiting for Dear. Such a nice warm feeling to feel the sun after spending time in the water! I almost fell alsleep while lying haha.

After changing out, we continued to explore the hotel and found this giant chess set.

Back to our resort for lunch in the afternoon. (with Dear trying to be a lifeguard at the beach with his pose)

Lunch was cup noodles with luncheon meat to save costs and honestly, I think out simple meal tasted better than the expensive food at Bintan. So ya, I was quite happy with my simple meal since I had the brillant Thai food the night before, and I was looking forward to the dinner at the Kelong restaurant later on.

After lunch, we went out to the beach again for a stroll. Might as well make full use of it!

Found lots of hermit crabs that had came out because it was low tide. We spend quite some time taking photographs of them.

After our stroll, it was back to the room to rest. Spotted this cute little squirrel running outside our patio. We played Uno Stacko in the room and Dear was super mean, aiming his camera all the time to capture the moment that I would topple the stack. Well, it was 1-1 draw!

Golden streaks in the blue sky in the evening.

We were playing Uno Stacko and I told Dear to look out for the time because I wanted to see the sunset. After I noticed the gold streaks, I started screaming at him where is the sunset. But he claimed that we couldn't see it from our room. @_@

And so with a broken heart, I got ready to go out for dinner. : (

We took the shuttle bus to the Kelong restaurant. This's the walkway into the restaurant.

And welcoming us along the way in were the live lobsters.

In the restaurant and waiting to place our orders. Again it was all pitch dark at the sea, so no scenary to look at

One of the staff trying to catch the seafood at the kelong

We ordered quite a bit of food for 2. Sambal Kangkong, chicken with dried chilli, chilli crab, crayfish.

The bill came up to around $60++ I think. Quite cheap although the food was also mediocre. We really ate til our stomachs are bloated. We finished everything except the kangkong because we were too full.

And linked to the restaurant was a bar. But it was really quite small and sad looking. It was Halloween night though. Two staff dressed up and were walking around the restaurant to give out promotion flyers about the bar to customers.

After the meal, it was time to go back and bathe and sleep. But wait, the day was not over. Dear wanted to watch his Chelsea football match.

But alas it was not on ESPN, which was the only sports channel available on our tv set. So I think Dear struggled with the hotel staff for almost an hour to find the channel that airs the match. In the end Dear found the channel himself by meddling with the tv set. Smart lor. But I had to watch it with him when I really wanted to sleep. Teehee.

No comments: