Monday 24 November 2008

Bintan Day 3

Bintan Day 3


Last day at Bintan, sad. And we were not allowed to have a late checkout, meaning that we can't enjoy the scenary and the comfort of our room after 12 noon. We only had to be at the ferry terminal at 5pm plus.




In the morning, we decided to take the shuttle bus to Nirwana Gardens for their buffet breakfast as we couldn't imagine eating the same breakfast spread again. I had heard that breakfast at Nirwana was much better.

While waiting for the shuttle, the welcome dancers were welcoming the new guests to the resort. We didn't get that kind of treatment when we checked in, Dear and I concluded that maybe the dancers rotated between the two resorts.

The shuttle bus

The buffet line at Nirwana. I pecked up at the sight of it. At least definitely better than our resort's breakfast.



Our breakfast :) Not excellent but acceptable. The curry chicken was quite good.

Oh there is one grouse I have. I noticed at both buffet lines in both Nirwana and Mayang Sari that the staff also took food from the line openly. Not that I'm being elitist and I do think all the staff are very friendly, but it is just wrong of them to be doing so early.
If they want to eat, it's ok but can't they take from inside the kitchen? Say the cooks can save a portion of the dishes in the kitchen for the staff. It is not very nice of them to be "eating together" with the guests I feel.


After breakfast we went back to our resort to pack and check out. Took photo of the spa at the resort which we didn't visit. Maybe next time.

And then we went back again to Nirwana to explore and waste our time again. We were like homeless kids roaming the streets to pass time. We saw these lizards in an enclosure. Disgusting.

We walked and walked, and found ourselves at Indra Banyu villas.


And we visited the beach at the villas.


Lo and behold, we saw the pool at the villas, and there was no one using it. No staff around too. So bored Dear decided to go for a swim while I waited at the beach chair because I was too lazy to change and bathe.

I told Dear, never mind lah we won't be caught since there is no one. So haha. We found a new place to play. I saw monkeys in the bushes around the pool.

After Dear's swim, we walked around and stumbled into the gym to enjoy the aircon. Hee.

It was time for a late lunch and we went to the poolside cafe at Nirwana. It was hot and stuffy with little ventilation and the worse thing was, the food sucks.

We ordered this drink, not too bad. It had a strong orange taste.

I ordered the carbonara. Bad decision. It tasted simply horrible, reeking of a strong milk taste. I really had to force myself to stomach it.

Dear's sausage and fries. It was much more decent.

But then, sausage is premade, how wrong can the taste be? But the dressing for the romaine leaves were quite good and I managed to eat quite a bit although normally I hate the taste of raw vegetables. I guess, better eat than go hungry cos my pasta was real bad!

Then it was time to go to the ferry terminal to go home. We shopped for a while at the budget outlet at the terminal but nothing nice there.

One big learning curve of the trip was how ungracious caucasians can be when we normally think of them being quite gentlemanly and that kind of thing.

When we were at the poolside cafe, one caucasian guy was changing the diapers of his baby openly on the table. The more shocking thing is that the staff did not stop him. So wat if besides him, we were the only customers around at that time? Basic hygiene!

And when we were at checkpoint on the return trip, two young tall caucasians cut my queue. Yes I may be petite but am I really invisible? Dear said: "Well, caucasians are kiasu too."

These are the seashells that I picked from the beach! See I got such a big one! Yeah!

Hopefully we'll get to travel again soon. It was cool to have a getaway. If only I have a prince charming that can just bring me anywhere. Oops!

No comments: