Saturday 10 August 2013

Ritz Carlton Staycation

It was a Thursday morning at work when I received a SMS from Dear to tell me that his brother has a lobang for a free one-night hotel stay at Ritz Carlton. WOW.

And of course, with all things that seem too good to be true, there was a fine print accompanying the deal. The free stay is only valid for that night :(

So the practical me told Dear that I would give it a miss because I still have work the next day and what was I going to do about clothes for the next day? And my mum will probably nag non-stop at the last-minuteness of the staycation.

Dear was reluctant to give up the opportunuity and said he wanted to check in after his soccer session that night. *_*

Then he started telling me how there was also breakfast the next day. So on a whim, after I had dinner outside after work, I decided that I will go against all odds and stay in the room too. How can I let Dear just enjoy the room alone? :p

So that set forth a series of SMSes and phone calls between me and Dear as I went home to collect some make-up items and clothes for the next day.

And the stage is set for our first ever rendevous. : )


Walking to our room after checking in at around 9pm.

Tadah! Our room which was pretty spacious.

Roomy space with a nice scenary of the city. 

But what is mind-blowing is the toilet which is labelled by Ritz Carlton as one of the sexist bathrooms in Singapore. 

Dear took this photo with the panaromic function of the Iphone. Photo is a bit small but hope you can get a sense of how awesome and big the toilet is. 

 
The bathtub which provides a superb view as you soak in it. But there are also buildings nearby where the occupants can have a good view too.

Luxurious toiletries are provided from the brand Aspery. Super love how frangrant and moisturing their stuff are!

And the rest of the toilet. Forgot to take a photo of the sink but it is a spacious area. Thumbs up. 

And now for the next touches in the room: the wardrobe area is a walk-in wardrobe!

A pretty neat collection of liqour in one of the drawers.

And chocolate sweet treats!

After exploring the room, Dear and I had supper (for me) and dinner (for Dear) from Bedok 85 market. Yes, I told Dear to tapao some food for us to munch while chilling in front of the TV. Heehee. 

We had a nice soak in the bathtub before turning in for the night. The only thing that could have perfected the evening was to have a free massage through in! Greedy me. Haha.

Our morning view when we woke up the next morning.


 
The view from the lift area when I went down for breakfast. 

Dear and I ate breakfast separately as we wanted to get a complimentary breakfast, teehee. Long story shall not be reveiled here but let's say my brillance save the day, lol.

We didn't take photos of the breakfast as we didn't want to linger too long there. After all, it was still a work day!

I read the newspapers while waiting for Dear to come up from breakfast. 

The time has come to check out and head for work. Dear sent me to work. So nice :)

The impromptu staycation set a very nice tone for the weekend and I was in a happy mood for the rest of Friday, waiting for it to end. Haha.

It felt very nice to have such an impromptu session with Dear. Definitely added some spice to the relationship, and I'm so happy we stayed at a hotel where we might have forked out money to stay at. We hate booking the expensive hotels in Singapore.

It still gives me a nice warm feeling thinking back about our rendevous. ^_^

No comments: