Monday 7 April 2014

100-month anniversary

We celebrated our 100-month anniversary today. A momentous milestone thought Dear seemed bemused that I told him it is something worth a celebration.

Nonetheless, he obliged me with planning for a weekend getaway to Penang next weekend in conjunction with my birthday. He also brought me out to dinner today even though I was lethargic on what to do on our actual 100-month and prefer to station myself at the mahjong table. 

We went to church as usual and I waited for dear while he played his soccer, as per our Sunday routine. Then he dragged me out of his house for dinner at the Handlebar in far away Sembawang.

The interior design of the place which was biker themed. Perhaps it is for people who have to drive in becos this place is at the end of an ulu road and feel that they are the bikers who have reached here after a road trip.

We sat inside at the counter too as the tables in the alfresco area were occupied. 

As a sign of how ulu this place is, u can actually see stars in the sky becos there are no bright lights in the surroundings.

Looking out to the alfresco area where food is cooked in a kitchen constructed like a food truck.

Our counter seats 

Our dinner: steak and eggs, buffalo wings and stuffed jalapeƱo. The bill came up to $70. Pretty ex for the kind of food I feel. 

The food was ok- not bad but not as good as the rave reviews online. Think a big part of eating here is about the atmosphere and the feeling of exclusivity. Dear hated the service which was pretty nonchalant at times.

Actually to think about it, we have not really went out to try a new place for some time. So thank you dear for bringing me out. 

Happy 100-month! :)

No comments: