Tuesday 29 April 2014

My birthday 2014

April is my birthday month. It's my birthday~~ It's my birthday~~

This year, Dear brought me to a short getaway (which he will blog about). My bday fell on a Friday so I decided not to take the day off. Got lots of shit to clear in the office anyway. :(

I met Dear for dinner after work. I usually meet Dear at the pick up point of Harbourfront when he wants to pick me up for dinner after work. I got into the car and asked him where we are going. He just drove into the carpark entrance ahead of the pick up point. Ehms.

Turned out that Dear wanted to bring me to Jamie Oliver's. I have always told him that I want to try the food there. Too bad Dear didn't buy me any of the pots or plates that were also sold in the restaurant, haha.

We ordered a fanciful bread becos Dear heard that the waiting time for food is long.

Our fanciful bread- crab meat on top with avocado and cream cheese at the side. Told Dear not to waste money on bread. In the end, the money was really wasted. Can't appreciate the fine flavours haha. 

We also ordered a fried calamari to share. This was the best dish of the night. Love love love the garlic mayo served with it. I asked for a second helping to dip my fries in. 

We heard that the steak here is good. So we ordered one to share/ It came with fries and grilled mushrooms. Conclusion:Good but not mind-blowing, especially for the price we pay. 

The food was slightly above average. What made the night good was the service we had. The restaurant practices the western style of a waiter being assigned certain tables to take care of. Our waiter was a cheerful guy who tries to talk to us (rather tells us how hectic his work is) even though his service speed is pretty slow. So ok lor, entertainment haha. 

At least now I have been there done that. Will we return again? Probably not on our own. 

Thank you Dear for bring me to Jamie Oliver's. 

It's my birthday~~ It's my birthday~~

No comments: