Thursday 18 June 2015

Malacca- Day 2

Malacca- Day 2

Today is a more relaxed day as we have done all the sightseeing the day before. It also means all the sweating is over! Super hot to walk around under the sun lor.

We went down for breakfast to discover that the hotel actually opened another lounge for premier room customers to eat. First time get a VIP treatment when we are travelling haha. The spread was ok lah, think it was just a better environment that we got to dine in.
 
After breakfast was pool time! We lounged around the swimming pool- Dear swam, I floated around. Soon it was time for lunch to reward ourselves for the exercise (note: I floated around).
 
After getting married for, let me count...almost 6.5 months, I have a new revelation about Dear. No matter what Dear says about Japanese cuisine being his fav food, he will never reject a burger. I think his secret fav food is acually a burger, that is why Mac is the first thing he always wishes to eat if asked what he wants to eat.
 
So when I learnt that there is a famous burger place in Malacca, of course me, as the loving wife, will slot it into the itinerary. Very auto one.
 
 
 

Lunch was to be at the Baboon House which is also famed for its decor. Dear and I drove out because we were too scalded by the sun yest. No more walking under the hot sun unnecessarily It took us some navigation to find the place as the entrance was rather obscure.

We finally reached!

It was going to be a double lunch marathon so we decided to go easy here. We ordered a longan drink which came in a pretty bottle. I brought it home, hehe.

The burger we ordered. While surely it is not the best burger we have had, it is good enough. Especially when it only costs around S$9.

Next up was the famous chicken rice balls in Malacca. We didn't go to the most famous one as reviews are very meh. So might as well try the others-that-are-famous-just not-that-famous. I chose to go to Hoe Kee and we were quite lucky- customers who came a few tables after us had to be turned away as the chicken was sold out.

As I had expected, the chicken balls were underwhelming as we still preferred loose rice. The chicken was ok, but nothing to shout about as they were similar to what we have here at home. So, besides the fact that the rice was served in a different form. So, one more delicacy in Malacca to be struck off the list!
 
We walked back to the shopping centres for to find a massage place. Dear did his fav Thai massage (he got a male massuer again, haha) while I did my usual foot massage. But I had an awful time. I dun know if the male masseur I had used too much strengh or don't have enough skill, my legs HURT after the massage and it lasted for a week. :(
 
Very scarred of massages, esp male massuers, for now. I told Dear I think maybe the female therapists have deft fingers.
 
It was time to go for dinner. I had planned to go to a Peranakan restaurant near the hotel. Of cos, must try good and cheap Peranakan food in Malacca rite. The ones in Singapore tend to be quite ex leh.


 

Inside the restaurant. Old school lor.

We ordered the buah keluak and chap chye. I love Nonya chap chye because the vege is braised until so tender. The buah keluak was different from the one we have here. It was a bit more like assam.

We also ordered the ngoh hiang which was ok. Cos I preferred our version which is more springy and have more a bite.
 
Think the humble otah was the star of the meal. It took 20 minutes to come to our table becuase it took some time to steam. It was springy and flavourful. It seemed handmade- give more points!

After dinner we roamed around while waiting to watch the last Chelsea match of the season. We looked for a bar which showed the match but when we sat down, the manager told us that they had to show the Man U match because the customers who had reserved seats wanted to watch it. Grr. Luckily the skybar at our hotel showed the match. So we enjoyed the view and some food.
 
Told Dear it was the first time we went to a sky bar. Actually the view of all night views about the same lah.

We first ordered a beef short ribs which were too beefy for me. Luckily the portion was very small. Dear very nicely ordered another plate of chicken wings for me so that I have something to eat. Heh, so sweet.
 
By the time the match ended, it was past midnight. Another late night! I had envisioned my hol as lounging on the bed and getting an early's night sleep, haha. I was almost dozing off actually, haha. Quickly bathed and slept after getting back to our room while Dear watched the celebrations. ZZZ!

No comments: