Friday 19 June 2015

Malacca- Day 3

Malacca- Day 3

Last day of our road trip! We drove out to have dim sum. One good way to start the day is to yum cha!



I liked that the shop also serves other non-dim sum items such as the yong tau foo and even otah (bottom left corner of photo). It is weird that I suddenly felt like ordering the red chilli when they brought the tray of yong tau foo for us to choose. Think I was missing chilli and wanted a spicy kick, lol.

Next stop after breakfast was to Baba Charlie to buy all the kueh kuehs for our families. It looks like a residential place that is being used as a business. We walked through the front gates and saw the central kitchen where the aunties were making the food. We were ushered into a room where all the food was placed there.

The little room where you can pick your kueh kuehs and then bring out to pay. We also bought extras for ourselves to eat at home. Oh the joys of having your own home- can buy anything to keep and eat. We ended up eating kuehs and dumplings for our next few meals over two days.
 
My conclusion after eating these authentically made cakes? I can tell they are nice but because I am neither a sweets nor  kueh person, I cannot fully appreciate the beauty of it. Haha.
 
After scoring our buys, we went back to the hotel to pack up and checked out. We then drove over to Mahkota Parade to have the supposedly famous millie crepe but it was ok only lah. 


And we also shared a pasta because we needed to have carbo.

It wa time for the 4 hour ride home after filling our stomachs. I decided I just don't like long car rides. We stopped at a pit stop in the middle of the trip when Dear decided to try buying KFC but there wasn't any outlet.

We stopped for a early dinner because we needed to pump petrol before crossing the checkpoint. I loved the dinner cos I loved the sambal at our usual tze char store in JB (say until like we tried a lot before like that).

Sambal petai. I love the sambal sauce! Something that we have yet to re-create at home. I have make it a goal to try using different sambal sauce to replicate sambal kang kong at home- it is the first dish that I am planning to master!

I think some special sauce pork chops. Coffee pork chop is it.
 
And salted egg prawns. Not as good as the better ones we have tried cos there could be more of the salted egg but good enough for the price. Really love the nice and cheaper tze char in JB- it is a lovely end to the day.
 
Overall, it was still a good break away and much better than our super-hot-and-uncomfortable trip in Penang. However, Dear said the food in Penang is better. I have to agree with him.
 
The best thing we ate in Malacca: the gula melaka
 
The best thing we ate in Penang: the curry noodles, Dear also like something else that I can't rem offhand now. OOPS.
 
The verdict:
Penang: 1
Malacca: 0

No comments: