Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bangkok Day 5

Bangkok Day 5

The eating and shopping continues today before we got ourselves a massage at night to ease away all the strains of the holiday before we return home the next day.

First plan of the day is to go for Dear's second fitting. So we found this breakfast place near the tailor.

The restaurant, Au Bon Pain, is in a glasshouse by the road. It's super chic and cool. Prices are pretty cheap too. Makes me want to be an expat in Bkk and lounge in the place the whole day!

Dear's beef sandwich which includes chedder cheese and jalapeno. He liked it.

My simple egg croissant but it was very enjoyable after a few days of Thai breakfast.  

Dear was quite happy with his suit and we decided to ask the tailor to send the suit to our hotel while we went back to Platinum to shop.

Our lust for junk food got the better of us (plus the price was so cheap) and we had the KFC spicy drumlets for lunch. *0* 

I usually make sure Dear and I stay clear of fast food, especially when we are on holidays, but on this occasion, it just seem to make sense to feast on the fried spicy chicken. *fingers licking good*

After we are done with Platinum, we head to Big C supermarket and Central World again to finish up any unfinished shopping business. Finally I got a chance to try the MK restaurant that I have read positive reviews about. 

While it was good for its price, I felt disappointed by the food.

The green noodles with braised pork ribs. Seriously nothing to shout about. It tasted normal .

 Dear's baked rice, which was surprisingly small, and tasted even more normal then my green noodles. 

The roast meats, esp the roast duck, was supposed to be the star of the restaurant. Almost every table had a plate of it.

I can only say that both Dear and I prefers the Cantonese style roast meats which are crispier and more aromatic. However, prices for the steamboat seems pretty reasonable and may be worth trying if you are in a bigger group.

We went for a massage again that night, and I got myself a manicure and pedicure done. Regretted it because they used lousy nail polish and the workmanship was not very good. They only lasted a few days, grrr! I shall not waste such money again in Bkk although it is cheap!

No comments: