Tuesday 4 September 2012

Taste of Taiwan in Sg

I brought Dear to this restaurant that serves Taiwanese food at a very reasonable price in the Bugis area after we were done with the Night Festival.

I was introduced to the place by a Taiwanese acquaintance who said the food tasted like what he had in Taiwan. I'm not sure if it is really that authentic but the food is really good. 

My fav there is the lou rou fan. The braised meat rice is savoury sweet with lots of meat topped on it. 

The best thing is that there is ample braised sauce which soaks through every grain of rice. So each mouthful of rice is moist and full of unami flavours. ~_~

One pet peeve when I have lou rou fan is when the there is so little braised sauce that you end up eating dry white rice for most of the meal.

Dear had the mee sua which came with oysters and pig intestines. The photo doesn't look flattering, lol. Well, mee sua is just mee sua, right. There were quite a bit of ingredients in the bowl though.

While my pet peeve was settled with the lou rou fan here, the mee sua incurred another pet peeve of mine by not serving any chilli with it. Really? I thought the Taiwanese adds chilli to their mee sua, so how come there isn't any chilli here?

If you order the main, you can top up to get a set which incluces two side dishes and a drink. All these for around $15 or lesser, I think. Value for money right?

And I love their milk tea. Creamy and fragrant, but still retaining the aroma of the the tea. Best milk tea beside KOI, I say. Dear agreed with me too!

Taipei Cafe
470 North Bridge Road

No comments: