Thursday 18 October 2012

Pasta with sesame dressing

I love the Japanese sesame dressing. I always finish my salads when dining out if it is served with the dressing. And the cold noodles from Taiwan (I can't forget the ones we had there) and Japan? They are SO yummy because of that nutty fragrant taste.

One fine day, I finally decided to buy those bottled sesame sauce from the supermarkets to try and see if I can replicate the tastes of my favourite dishes.

Brought this from Kuriya Mart for over $6. Decided to buy it cos it's a different brand from the usual ones, so it should taste good rite? LOL.

Dear and I decided to cook it for a cold pasta dish for dinner after our Jap class. We topped it with whatever we can grab from his mum's fridge, so pardon the unhealthy fried chicken and uninteresting topping :p

It is very difficult to cook at his place (we always try to be simple) cos I can't possibly buy the sauces and ingredients for a more elaborate dish rite; there'll be so much leftover sauce and food. Can only wait for when our new house is ready before we tackle more dishes which require more ingredients.

We boil the spaghetti and chilled it in a cold bath before tossing it with the spaghetti. Taste wise, the sauce was not bad. But I'm not sure if it is because there were still some water attached to the spaghetti (we just lifted the noodles from the cold bath to our plates), the sauce was a tad watery.

I think it will taste good as a salad dressing. That's what I'm going to use the rest of the bottle for!

We also cooked up chawanmushi using the pre-packed packaged from Seng Choon. We had saw it at the supermarket some time back and thought it was worthwhile a try since it only costs less than $2. 

 The package comes with mushroom and corn. We also throw in chunks of the fried chicken. lol.

Just mix water, 2 eggs with the mixture and pour everything in bowls to place into the steamer. Cover with aluminium foil and steam them for 20 mins.

Our final product. It's actually quite tasty, though not as flavourful as the ones made from scratch. But at less than $2, it's a good DIY pack for fuss free chawamushi.

No comments: