Friday 12 April 2013

Ramen Keisuke Tori King

Here's a post before Dear and I fly off later for our hol! I have changed to a new job and am taking a break before starting at the new place. Since it has also been a little while since our last trip, we took the chance to go off on a road trip this time!

Meantime, here's what we have been up to. Dear is a ramen fan and wanted to eat ramen for brunch. The first place that came to my mind was Ramen Keisuke Tori King. I had heard much about their ramen and have always wanted to give it a try. 

 This is their latest outlet in 100AM mall. I like the kinda authentic Japanese decor. They even have Japanese songs from the 1990s playing the background.
 
We sat at the counter, which added to the Japanese experience, lol.

They have lots of extras (marinated beansprouts on the left, eggs, sesame seeds, house special chilli sauce etc) on the counter for you to add to your noodles.

One advantage of seating at the counter is to observe how the kitchen works.

My ramen. All bowls of ramen came with a grilled chicken thigh which was very tender. The broth was chicken based, which is what their ramen brand is famous for. I think I prefer chicken ramen to pork ramen. It's much lighter and sweeter. 

Dear's ramen, which has all the works (seaweed, char siew, tamago). His was the pepper flavoured soup. 

After the ramen, we went to Tsujiri which came from Kyoto and is supposedly a high esteemed brand in Japan. How could I pass up the chance to try it?

A pretty small quiet cafe. Then again, 100AM mall was quite deserted on a Saturday.

We had a green tea parfait with green tea sponge cake, red bean paste and cornflakes at the bottom of the cup. I rather like this picture of Dear modelling his watch in the background, hurhur. 

I thought the dessert was not bad (or maybe I'm just charmed by its Japanese heritage) but Dear found it average. A nice surprise, which I guess is because of the Japanese roots, they provided wet towels at the counter for you to take freely! Good for cleaning up after eating dessert messily. Love it!

Another episode that happened was that after a nice meal, we walked out to the roadside parking to find that it was raining heavily. Never mind that we had an umbrella, the rain was so heavy that we were still drenched from the splashing rain. And Dear's automatic car key had to fail to work! We only managed to get it working after an anxious 15min. Aiyoh!

100 Tras Street
#03-15 100AM mall  

100 Tras Street
#01-14B 100AM mall

No comments: